A man was fishing off Tasmania. He saw a turtle in the water – a common animal for these latitudes. But it looked strange. He decided to grab the animal and examine it.
As soon as he fished the turtle out of the water, he immediately realized that it would need the help of a veterinarian.
A large sea turtle weighing about 100 kg became a refuge for a whole colony of various mollusks, whose inhabitants ate the flesh of the unfortunate animal.
The man called the rescue service, which took the injured animal to the center of the marine safety program. The employees of this department took care of all the expenses for the treatment of the animal. A full diagnosis was carried out to exclude concomitant diseases.
After that, the veterinarians started cleaning the shell. The difficulty was that it was impossible to remove them all at once, so they had to mine them one by one.
After the destruction of the parasites, the turtle underwent rehydration therapy to restore strength.